New OS Speed B2103 Type-R and Type-S 3.5cc buggy engines, which not only have been designed newly, but also modified technically for improving their performance over excellent results at past numerous competitions. For corresponding driver’s preference also the course layout, two types B2103 Type-R and Type-S with different characteristics are in lineup. Both of them are long stroke engines φ16.27 mm x 16.80 mm. The most suitable and featured crankcase designed for buggy engine has been engraved with OS SPEED log as you can see in the pic, and the engine utilized a cooling head for the best possible cooling in high ambient temperatures. More than that, both engines come with a rear ceramic bearing and the traditional OS techniques DLC-coated crankshaft coming with tungsten balanced. For enhancing vibration reduction and preventing dust, the inner head also was adopted silicon O-ring. Both engines models are purchased available as engine only or including the T-2100SC exhaust and 85mm M2004SC manifold set.
As for the Type-R engine, the long-stroke 5-plus-3-port power plant was developed for medium to high speed tracks and it features a new crankcase, end cap and 22E carburetor adopted.
As for the Type-S engine, the 3—plus-1-port long-stroke power plant offers increased torque in the low to mid RPM range while being easy on fuel consumption. The engine utilises the same updated crankcase, end cap and DLC-coated crankshaft, but comes with a more efficient 22D carburettor for smoother throttle response and greater mileage. The engine sports a low-profile cooling head for an overall lower centre of gravity.
- Crankcase - newly designed crankcase, on which OS SPEED logo is engraved, has enough surface area for effective heat dissipation.
- Cylinder liner - type R 5-ports liner which performs excellent at medium and high speed range. Type S 3– ports liner performs well at medium and low speed range.
- Outer head - both of them are newly designed head, type R has a standard round head, type S has high vertical finned low-profile cooling head for improving the car drivability with low gravity.
- Inner head - for reducing vibration and preventing dust, the inner head is adopted silicon O-ring.
- Carburetor - type R adopts the 22E carburetor which emphasizes high power; type S features the 22D carburetor which emphasizes quick response and smooth acceleration.
- Ball link - both types adopt a newly designed ball link which can change the position of fixing screw for easy access.
- Crankshaft - DLC Coated Crankshaft with Tungsten weights and potted with silicone.
- Reducer - emphasized the inhalation effect, the 6.0mm II/6.5mm II are designed for both types.
|Displacement||3.49cc / 0.213 cu.in.|
|Practical RPM range||4,000-42,000 r.p.m.|
|Weight||347g / 12.24oz (TYPE-S) 352g/12.42oz.(TYPE-R)|