Have you ever wondered why touring cars have every measure taken to ensure symmetry and centre line mounted components in order to achieve even flex, but they have 280 grams of electronics mounted directly to the chassis on each side?
Us too. This is why RC Maker created the ultimate upgrade for your touring car! Tested by the pro’s, and an absolute necessity for your chassis!
This type is for: Awesomatix A800X, Infinity IF14, Xpress XQ1, Mugen MTC1, ARC R11 '19
- Floating brass mount with central attachment allows for 100% fully floating electronics with absolutely minimal flex interference. Giving you symmetrical flex, which is not possible in conventional layouts.
- 4mm of adjustability left and right to adjust the balance bias of your car. Allows you to tune your chassis balance, and also move weight in or out both sides to adjust the amount of roll in your chassis depending on the traction level
- Makes it incredibly easy to swap chassis plates, as electronics stay fixed to the plate, making it only 2 screws to swap all your electronics over, no tape, no mess.
- Unique design making it very easy to swap between chassis manufacturers and try different plates all without having to buy entire new kits. Even if you swap brands to one that is not on Type A Insert for instance, all you need to do is buy Type B Insert and insert, no need to buy the whole kit again. Same with changing to different plates and centre weights, they are all compatible with each-other
This Kit Includes:
- AFEP-30 Double Sided Adjustable Brass Floating Electronics Plate
- AFEP-AD or BD Insert depending on your Type A or B insert choice
- AFEP-SD Carbon Fibre Shim
- AFEP-C 5g Central Weight
- 2x High Quality Countersunk Stainless Steel Screws
Single sided carbon
- Allows for floating electronics, with 4mm adjustable horizontal positioning of electronics to achieve optimum balance. Lightweight and suitable for heavier cars, and lighter weight limits.
Single sided brass
- Allows for floating electronics, with 4mm adjustable horizontal positioning of electronics to achieve optimum balance. This is exaggerated also because of the additional 18g provided by the brass plate. This additional weight is also very handy for counter balancing a very heavy battery, or for adding weight to the ESC side if you are running a very light ESC (such as stock spec)
Double sided carbon
- Allows for floating electronics and battery, with only a 4 gram weight addition to the single sided. 4mm of horizontal weight adjustability allows electronics to be shifted to create optimum balance. This is the optimum full floating system for a heavy car or light weight limit where your car doesn’t require additional weight. It is also very beneficial for keeping weight central in high traction, to reduce the chance of traction roll, and we would recommend using the +10g Centre Weight if further weight is required.
Double sided brass
- Allows for floating electronics and battery, with 36 grams of additional weight spread over the battery and ESC. There is also 4mm of horizontal movement which can be shifted to create optimum balance. The extra weight provides a way of adding weight to an underweight car which is spread over the middle of the car as low as possible, thus bringing it up to weight without the need for excessive weight stacked around the corners of the chassis. If your car is already on weight, there are significant benefits to running the brass plate with a lighter centre weight on low and medium traction. Weight further out helps the car generate more traction and can create significant handling benefits.