Yokomo’s World Champion YZ-2 Series reached the ultimate goal at the 2017 IFMAR Off-Road World Championships in China when Yokomo Factory Driver Ryan Maifield took the overall TQ honors and then proceeded to Win the 2wd Buggy World Championship. Since then Yokomo has been working very hard with current IFMAR World Champion Ryan Maifield, 4-time IFMAR World Champion Ryan Cavalieri, 2017 IFMAR 2wd Buggy 3rd place finisher Lee Martin & lead track engineer Shin Adachi to bring the next level of performance to Yokomo with our New YZ-2 DTM3 and CAL3!
YZ-2 DTM3 and CAL3 New Features:
- New Shorter Main Chassis
- New Bell Crank System
- New Bell Crank Steering Blocks
- New 3mm Shorter Rear Shock Tower
- New Thinner Pistons Designed for Shorter Shocks
- New Front & Rear 3.0mm Outer Suspension Pins
- New Front & Rear 3.5mm Inner Suspension Pins
- New Adjustable Shock Mounting Option for S3 Rear Arms
- Easy Access Diff & Diff Height Adjustments
- Front Wing Mount (Included)
YZ-2 CAL3 version:
- 3mm Low Down Front Shock Tower
- Steel Front Suspension Mount for More Traction
- Front and Rear Stabilizer for Sharpen Cornering
- 3 Piece Split LC Transmission Case
- JConcepts F2 Lightweight Body (JConcepts Front & LMR Rear Wing Included)
- High Capacity Differential
YZ-2 DTM3 version:
- 3 Piece Split LC / LD Transmission Case (Both Included)
- JConcepts F2 Body (JConcepts Front & Rear Wing Included)
- Ball Differential
The YZ-2 CAL3 is suited to high grip tracks surface such as artificial turf. It has gained overwhelming driving performance with a low mount damper stay to lower the shock install position by 3 mm, the front and rear stabilizer is standard in the kit. You will feel a sense of stability with the long standard wheel base.
|The CAL3 comes standard with an LC gearbox suitable for high grip track surfaces. It improves turn in performance as the center of gravity is slightly different, improving driving feel.|
|By changing the front and rear outer hinge pins to Φ3mm and the rear inner hinge pins to Φ3.5mm the rigidity is greatly enhanced. The smoothness of the suspension operation improves dramatically and increased traction is achieved.|
|Also equipped with a front wing that enhances corner holding accuracy. Securely fixed in place with a special lightweight wing mount.|
|A chassis mounted tray is supplied for installing the ESC and Receiver. It can be removed easily and maintenance efficiency is increased.|
|The new battery holder is a one-touch type, simple one thumbscrew operation. The battery position can be moved in smaller increments, giving a more precise setting of weight balance.|
|The CAL3 is equipped with a front and rear stabilizer as kit standard for higher driving performance. The shock tower also has a lower center of gravity, using a special product that lowers the shock mounting position by 3 mm.|
Access to the differential has become easier with the 3-split gearbox. CAL3 comes with a high capacity sealed gear differential as standard.
New designed differential height system uses cams to adjust the differential higher or lower, from 0 to 3mm depending on traction level.
|The suspension arm now comes with a new shock mounting plate, which allows you to finely change the lever ratio of the suspension. The shock can be attached to either side of the suspension arm.|
|The slipper clutch is a standard single type, but it is possible to change to double slipper just by adding plate and pad.|
The special motor fan mount allows a 30 mm cooling fan to be mounted securely.
|The wing is J Concept Aero wing.|