The new ECS BB (Ball-Bearing) driveshafts offer a significant performance gain over the standard blade-type driveshafts. The friction between the driveshaft and the outdrive is greatly reduced, which helps to give a much smoother handling feel, especially on fast direction changes, such as chicanes. The reduced friction helps to increase cornering speeds.
Recommended to use the shorter 52mm shafts for smaller, more technical tracks, where more initial steering is needed.
The 53mm shafts are best suited for more open and flowing track layouts. They will provide slightly less initial steering, but better steering in the middle of the corner, as well as on power.
Maintenance of these bearing driveshafts is necessary, but very simple. Build them as you would your normal ECS driveshafts, but with the following addition; we recommend using the Hudy Joint Grease (106213) between the small bearings and the outdrives, for a prolonged life of the parts.
Fits all T4
- Ball-bearing equipped ECS drive shafts
- Reduced friction between driveshaft and outdrive
- Ball-bearings replace composite blades
- Smoother handling feel of the car
- Increased cornering speed
- Two sizes available for particular track types
- Used by factory team for highest competition level races
- Works only for front solid axle with optional #305138 outdrives (included)